Tuesday, January 3, 2017

The End Of My Kickstarter & A Thanks To All Of You!

So my Kickstarter to give my Non Profit Record label a boost so that I can continue to put out releases for charity ended today with $551.

First of all... thank you from my bottom of my heart to everyone who donated any amount, those that Re-tweeted all of my annoying tweets about it, etc. I love each and every one of you.

While I had originally hoped to raise around $2,000 (which is what I truly need), I realized after the fact, that given I had it running during the Holiday season, it was probably unrealistic. So I said to myself... If I can get 25% of that, I can get several important things needed. So with the help of all of you, I succeeded in that. :)

People have asked if they can donate later. The answer is absolutely. I will always happily take donations for this non-profit label, and they will always be put to good use. I can accept Paypal payments at notforprofitrecords at gmail dot com.

If you ever decide to send a donation via Paypal, please put "Donation for label" as a note, so I know what it's for, and don't think someone is missing an order. :)

The bulk of the $551 will go toward getting the label name Trademarked which is EXTREMELY important and from the research I've done, costs around $375. The rest I will either use toward placing an ad for the label in a prominent magazine / website where it will get lots of views (I will probably have to dig up some extra money for that though.) or toward obtaining a sole proprietorship business license for the label (which I will also need to chip in extra funds for), since a one person company is not eligible to be a "non-profit" (to my dismay.)   

These will make it a "proper" record label. I had hoped to raise more to place multiple ads out there to promote the label all over the place, as well as promotional materials to give out to spread the word. Little by little either through Paypal donations, or out of pocket though, I will put ads out there as I have the money, but once I have the website setup for it, I can also use everyone's help on social media to spread the word. :)

As a thank you to everyone who backed the project on Kickstarter, I will be emailing you all a code to download a digital copy of my old band "Shower With Goats" Best of release that contains songs from 1994-2000. You will get this whether you donated $1 or $50. 

Thanks again everyone. I really do appreciate all the support you've given me. As many of you know, my goal is to try and help as many charities and as many people as possible. 

Much Love,

Steve



No comments:

Post a Comment